ABM (NYSE: ABM), a leading provider of facility solutions, has initiated an Energy Performance Contracting program for Turner County, Georgia. ABM's customized solution is projected to save Turner County more than $7.2 million in energy and operating costs over a 15-year period, which will provide the county with additional space to better serve its residents. The project launched in August 2018 and is scheduled for completion in Fall 2019.
Energy and operational savings and cost avoidance measures will be achieved by implementing energy-efficient lighting, HVAC and control upgrades, and water conservation at each of the county’s six facilities. The upgrades will save Turner County more than $428,000 in energy and operating costs in the first year, which will increase during the life of the program, resulting in projected savings of more than $7.2 million.
Turner County officials approached ABM to develop a customized solution to take a long-term, comprehensive approach to eliminate wasted energy and operations expenses, while renovating and expanding the county’s annex building. ABM’s solution includes upgrading lighting and HVAC systems and controls, along with a 2,800-square-foot addition to the Government Annex Building, creating a consolidated, central hub for the county’s government departments.
“Turner County, Georgia will leverage guaranteed energy and operational savings, and cost avoidance measures to positively impact its infrastructure and residents,” said Mark Newsome, President of ABM Technical Solutions. “By upgrading their existing facilities and adding onto the county annex, Turner County will be able to consolidate all of its services into one facility, which will cut costs and create an environment that will better serve its residents.”
ABM's Energy Performance Contracting Program is designed as a financial solution to meet clients' technical facility needs and sustainability goals. The goal is to drive costs out of a client's operating budget, allowing savings to be reallocated to fund mission critical facility needs. Click here for a video on how ABM is providing facility and financial solutions to local governments without upfront costs or tax increases.
“ABM’s customized solution for Turner will allow us to upgrade our existing facilities without affecting our budget,” said Sam McCard, District 3 Commissioner. "This solution will give us the ability to realize long term energy and operational savings, cut wasteful energy-related expenses and better serve our residents. The partnership between Turner County and ABM is helping us take a better look at how to make an impactful, long-term difference in our infrastructure.”
Highlights of the project include:
- Retrofitting lighting systems to energy-efficient LED lighting and replacing or retrofitting HVAC units at six facilities, which will be controlled by state-of-the-art HVAC control systems to maximize energy and operational efficiency
- Consolidating government services with a 2,800-square-foot addition to the Turner County Annex, and replacing the roof on the existing building
- Upgrading security and fiber optic communication lines for the county’s Emergency Response Center and Annex to provide additional security and reliability for occupants
- Renovating the kitchen at the Turner County Jail to replace inefficient equipment with high-efficiency appliances and refrigeration management systems
- Upgrading ventilation at each facility by sealing building envelopes and resealing windows to drive energy savings and to increase employee and occupant comfort
For more information on ABM's Energy Performance Contracting Program and other offerings, visit www.abm.com.